Pinterest has radipdly grown to be the third most popular social networking site and better at driving traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube combined. What's more interesting about Pinterest is that it is still an invitation only website. This has some serious possibilities for marketers.
Pinterest is not the same as your other social sites. There are a few tips to follow when launching your boards.
1. Tell the visual story of your brand. What is your brand interested in and what supports it?
2. Link content from your site to drive traffic and gain exposure from your other efforts.
3. Create original content. Original content designed for re-pinning will help your pins spread further while avoiding a copyright infringement.
3. Be careful who you re-pin from. The legal ramifications could be ugly, so be careful when repining.
4. This is a great tool to gain an insight on your customer.
5. Have fun with it.